Attorney Carthens graduated from Campbell University where she received her Bachelor’s Degree in Government. After earning her Bachelor’s Degree, she attended law school at North Carolina Central University School of Law where she earned her Juris Doctor.
While in law school, Attorney Carthens was a member of the AAJ and BLSA Trial Teams and won first place in the Willie Gary Closing Argument Competition held annually for third-year law school students.
Since law school, she has interned and worked with law firms in Durham, Fayetteville and the Wake County District Attorney’s Office.
She is an Iraq War Veteran, serving in the United States Army as a truck driver apart of the 30th Brigade Combat team.
She has a strong passion for her fellow veterans and their families and works hard to ensure that legal representation is available to them by offering flexible payment plans. When she is not practicing law, she enjoys movies, shopping, attending church, and spending time with her family.
- North Carolina Advocates For Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Blue Springs Community Development Board of Directors
- Teen Court Volunteer Judge
- B.A., Campbell University
- J.D., North Carolina Central University School Of Law